To address information gaps in the health IT marketplace among all stakeholders, including ONC, and provide insights on how certified health IT is being used.
Make recommendations to prioritize and improve the draft set of developer-reported, interoperability-focused measures for the ONC EHR Reporting Program.
Review the draft developer-reported measures and supporting materials developed by the Urban Institute, under contract with ONC, and provide recommendations to prioritize the measures and suggest ways to improve the draft measures.
- Consider background research, reports, and other sources as relevant to inform analysis of draft measures.
- Consider both established and emerging measurement practices and capabilities, as well as technical, legal, and policy requirements.
- Consider the use, technical feasibility, and potential policy impacts of the draft measures.
- Prioritize the draft measures to elevate those with the most potential for addressing gaps and providing insights in the certified health IT marketplace.
- Consider ways to avoid placing undue disadvantage on small and startup health IT developers in reporting measures.
- Develop recommendations to inform revisions to improve an initial set of developer-reported, interoperability-focused measures.
- Suggest additional measures and measure categories to prioritize for subsequent iterations of the developer-reported measures.
- Approve recommendations for submission to the National Coordinator by September 9, 2021.
EHR Reporting Program Task Force 2021 Meetings
*Appointed by Congress ^Appointed by the Government Accountability Office °Appointed by HHS