First, your EHR technology must be certified to the ONC 2014 Edition HIT Certification criterion at 45 CFR 170.314(b)(1) for transitions of care – receive, display, and incorporate transition of care/referral summaries (summary of care records) and this certification must be maintained as long as your product serves as a Test EHR.
Additionally, you as an EHR technology vendor must:
- Demonstrate and maintain the ability to execute the “Authorized Vendor Test Instruction” as described in the “Test Instructions for Cross Vendor Exchange” document
- Only test the specified capabilities described in “Test Instructions for Cross Vendor Exchange” when conducting tests for cross vendor exchange as a Test EHR
- Only utilize and test EHR technology successfully certified under the ONC HIT Certification Program during the execution of Cross Vendor Exchange
- Provide and maintain the following information with the NIST EHR Randomizer test tool:
- EHR domain (Ambulatory or Inpatient)
- EHR certification type (Complete or Modular)
- CHPL ID
- Direct address
- Trust anchor
- Vendor contact information
- Schedule availability
- Have capability to send documentation via email indicating a successful test to the eligible professionals and hospitals that test with your system.
- Agree to adhere to principles of participation as described in the document titled “Developer Participant Information for Cross Vendor Exchange”
- Once you have met all the requirements, your participation as a Test EHR will be confirmed by CMS