Your Local Regional Extension Center Can Help
Regional Extension Centers (RECs) are located in every region of the country to help health care providers select, implement, and become adept and meaningful users of electronic health records (EHR). RECs offer a wide range of valuable services to support the EHR implementation process. Services may include:
- Outreach, education, and health IT training
- EHR selection support and financial consultation
- Workflow redesign assistance
- EHR implementation training
- EHR implementation support and project management
- Privacy and security support
- Meaningful use assistance, including incentive payments attestation advice
- Connections to state and national health information exchange efforts
- Ongoing technical assistance in implementing Health IT and using it in a meaningful way to improve care
Contact Your Local Regional Extension Center
RECs are equipped with the personnel and resources to support and advise eligible providers in all phases of EHR implementation. Contact your local REC to find out if you are eligible for free or reduced-price local EHR implementation support.
For More Information
For more information about EHR implementation support, see the following resources.