Training Resources & Courses
If you are interested in training opportunities outside of the Health IT Workforce Development Program to prepare your staff for electronic health record implementation or to further your career in the health IT workforce, see the following resources.
- The Health Resources and Services Administration lists several different health IT training opportunities.
- The Healthcare Information Management Systems Society’s (HIMSS) eLearning Academy is a comprehensive source for high quality distance education. HIMSS also offers the Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems certification program. The HIMSS Education and Workforce Development section provides several health IT workforce development resources.
- The American Health Information Management Association provides audio seminars, e-learning and continuing education quizzes, as well as several other resources for continuing education.
- The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) offers 10x10 courses , which utilize curricular content from existing informatics training programs and other AMIA educational initiatives with a special emphasis on distance learning.
- Health IT Certification provides professional training and certification for those responsible for planning, selecting, implementing, and managing electronic health records (EHR) and other health IT and those engaged in the creation and management of Health Information Exchanges (HIE). You can obtain professional certification for health IT (CPHIT), EHRs (CPEHR), or HIE (CPHIE).
For More Information
For more information about health IT training and the Health IT Workforce Development Program, see the following resources.