One of the main benefits of electronic health records (EHRs) is increased patient satisfaction by helping in your efforts to communicate with your patients. EHRs can help your organization offer better health care:
- Reduce waiting time for office appointments and improve appointment scheduling through integrated scheduling systems, including patient portals
- Decrease unnecessary tests and immunizations, which can be costly and unsafe for patients
- Improve communication with patients and reduce turn-around time responding to billing and clinical inquiries
- Access clinical protocols and guidelines, so you can provide the best and most current care for patients
- Encourage your patients to take ownership of and manage their health and health care using clinical summaries and educational resources
- Provide patients with quick, easy access to their health information and give them the peace of mind their information will be secure and available to the right people in the right place at the right time
- Better manage your patients’ prescriptions through e-Prescribing1 and reduce patient wait times
With EHRs, your organization can provide better health care to patients, improve health care quality and convenience, and increase patient satisfaction.1-2
- Duffy RL, Yiu SSA, Molokhia E, Walker R, Perkins RA. “Effects of electronic prescribing on the clinical practice of a family medicine residency [PDF - 432 KB]Web Site Disclaimers.” Fam Med. 2010.
- Irani JS, Middleton JL, Marfatia R, Omana ET, D'Amico F. “The use of electronic health records in the exam room and patient satisfaction: a systematic review.” J Am Board Fam Med. 2009.