The Cypress 3.2.3 patch was released on 12/14/17. Changelog for the release is belowCypress Features
- Support for the 2014 Edition Test Method.
- "Slim" test decks for non-automated testing.
- Improved C1 Record Sample code selection.
- C4 "Expected Result" view for test proctors.
- Support for the CMS QRDA III Implementation Guide for the Calendar Year 2018 Performance Period.
- C1 Record Sample errors added to generated report. (CYPRESS-1288)
- The CVU experienced file import failures when importing zip files. (CYPRESS-959, CYPRESS-1250)
- The CVU was not correctly validating partial year submissions when MIPS programs were selected.(CYPRESS-1208, CYPRESS-1239)
- The CVU required hospital encounter times to include timezones. (CYPRESS-1253, CYPRESS-1275)
- The CVU returning error "undefined method '=' for nil:NilClass."(CYPRESS-1262)
- File Import fails when file contains multiple "inFullfillmentOf" references to the same entry. (CYPRESS-1282)
The Cypress 3.2.2 patch was released on 10/12/17. Changelog for the release is belowCypress Features
- Bundle Management functionally enhanced to include bundle deprecation to better accommodate the release of bundle updates (including valueset addendums).
- Optional "Record Shifting" allows for Cypress test records to be shifted into measurement periods that align with CMS performance periods.
- Assurance that all C4 Filter tests include at least 1 filtered patient in the Initial Population.
- File import fails when uploaded patient gender is specified using nullFlavor="UNK. (CYPRESS-1165)
- "Smoking Gun Errors" may be returned when QRDA files use names altered for patient de-duplication. (CYPRESS-1170)
- File import fails when uploaded patient is born on 1970/1/1. (CYPRESS-1180)
- Missing information in test records when ‘split’ by date. (CYPRESS-1185)
- C1 Record Sample tests cannot verify a negated valueset for Device, Order. (CYPRESS-1195)
2017 Bundle Patch
The 2017.0.1.1 Bundle Patch was released on 8/29/17. Instructions for applying the patch can be found here. Changelog for the release is belowBundle Bugs Addressed
- The Cypress Bundle for the 2017 Annual Update contains incorrect GUIDs for CMS9v6. (CYPRESS-1146)
The Cypress 3.2.1 patch was released on 8/10/17. Changelog for the release is belowCypress Features
- Alert message when disk space is limited
- Missing information in duplicate patient record (CYPRESS-1119)
- QRDA files were failing import when xml-stylesheet was specified (CYPRESS-1117)
- Observation results required to be specified using the "value" element, and were not being imported from an "entryRelationship" element. (CYPRESS-1114)
- "In Fulfillment Of" ids were being required to be 24 characters in length. (CYPRESS-1113)
Cypress 3.2.0 was released on 7/27/17. Changelog for the release is belowCypress Features
- Support for the electronic clinical quality measures (eCQM) for eReporting for the 2018 Reporting Period (as of May 2017).
- 53 Eligible Professional/Eligible Clinician eCQMs.
- Including new eCQMs CMS347v1 (Statin Therapy for the Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease) and CMS645v1 (Bone density evaluation for patients with prostate cancer and receiving androgen deprivation therapy).
- 16 Eligible Hospital/Critical Access Hospital eCQMs.
- Health Level Seven International (HL7) Clinical Document Architecture (CDA®) R2 Implementation Guide: Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA I), Release 1, Standard for Trial Use (STU) Release 4 - US Realm
- Health Level Seven International (HL7) Clinical Document Architecture (CDA®) R2 Implementation Guide: Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA III), Release 1, STU Release 2.1 - US Realm
- 2018 CMS QRDA I HQR Implementation Guide, Schematron v1
- 2017 CMS QRDA III Implementation Guide v1
- Measure logic coverage > 95% for all 2016 and 2017 eCQMs.
- User history that allows users to view a listing of most recent test execution.
- Favorites feature that allows users to pin items of greater importance to the top of lists.
- C1 Record Sample test support multiple negation patterns:
- Support for negation of an individual code
- Support for negation of an entire valueset
- C1 Record Sample “edit test” feature allows test proctors to modify selected data criteria.
- C1 Record Sample code/valueset lookup provides the ability to look up acceptable codes for the selected data criteria.
- “Download All” test data includes selected C4 filter criteria.
- Median observation calculation for CMS32 (CYPRESS-903)
- Support for import of QRDA Cat I R3.1 Medication, Discharge templates (CYPRESS-915)
- Support for upper and lowercase measure ids when performing valueset negation (CYPRESS-929)
- Include principal diagnosis in diagnoses list (CYPRESS-946)
- Transfer to and transfer from templates should have low and high values for eCQM calculation (CYPRESS-1047)
The Cypress and Cypress Validation Utility (CVU) 3.1.0 update was released on 1/10/17. Changelog for the release is belowCypress and CVU Features
- Cypress and CVU support updated QRDA Category III implementation Guides
- HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA III), Release 1, STU Release 2 - US Realm. (Released 12/28/2016)
- CMS Implementation Guide for Quality Reporting Document Architecture Category III Eligible Clinicians Programs Version 0.1. Implementation Guide for 2017. (Released 12/29/2016)
- Allow reporting of negated valuesets (in addition to negated codes) (CYPRESS-799, CYPRESS-894)
- Perform validation of template ids in QRDA Category I documents (CYPRESS-871)
- Reclassified debugging log messages to reduce unnecessary logging (CYPRESS-863)
- Single download for all test material (CYPRESS-872)
- “Device, Order not done” entries exported as “Device, Applied not done” entries for 2016 reporting
- Tests can be created for any combination of certification types (C1, C2, C3, C4)
- Batch Entry tests re-introduced to all C1 tests
- C3 tests will include QRDA Cat I and QRDA Cat III uploads
- Update script enhancements (CYPRESS-816)
- Support “wrapped” templates for reporting with QRDA Category I R3.1 (CYPRESS-848, CYPRESS-879)
- CVU incorrectly evaluated attribute valuesets (CYPRESS-861, CYPRESS-907)
- Display test deck calculations for measure subpopulations (CYPRESS-883)
- CVU requires a QRDA Category I document to include at least one encounter or procedure (CYPRESS-892)
- Improved Master Patient List download performance (CYPRESS-893)
The Cypress 3.0.3 patch was released on 10/27/16. Changelog for the release is belowCypress Features
- Updated to use the updated CMS QRDA I schematrons released in October 2016. More information on the schematron changes can be found here
- Cypress updated to use IPOP population code for 2016 measures
- Demo server performance improvements
- Admin Debug Dashboard
- QRDA Cat III R1.1 validation added
- Ability to view measure calculation for “sub-measures”
The Cypress 3.0.2 patch was released on 9/30/16. Changelog for the release is belowFeatures
- CMS schematron warnings reported in separate tab from other warnings
- Clarified headings for Manual Entry Test statuses
- Clarified text for “Certification Type” selection
- Expected Results added to C4 test pages
- Table headings added to supplemental data errors
- Measurement Period validation turned off for C1 Manual Entry
- Fixed crashing Manual Entry result page
- “Non-Random” Measure Tests were producing random test decks
- ATL mode updated to only create random test decks
- Fixed formatting of errors reported for incorrect stratification values
- Toggling debug features required server restart
- Updated roles allowed to download test reports in ATL mode
The Cypress 3.0.1 patch was released on 9/15/16. Changelog for the release is belowFeatures
- View patients by stratification
- Vendors now sortable (alphabetical by default)
- Data Criteria/Value Sets from outside the test measure will now be a warning instead of an error
- Optimized Vendor and Product deletion
- Expected results now viewable on test execution page (except for vendors in ATL mode)
- Downloadable Master Patient List Zip
- Random # of IPP patients selected for single measure test decks
- Next/Previous links on test execution page
- Ordinality location incorrect for 2015 Measures
- Support for "Device Applied, not done" with 2016 measures
- Manual Entry test patients only need to have one measure
- Discharge Date Time Comparison
- Unable to download test report for non-C1 product
- Incorrect validation of Medication, Ordered template in C1 Manual
- Duplicate Patient/Data IDs randomly assigned by Cypress
- DischargeDisposition name is now correct
- CVU now uses CMS reporting period for instead of default Cypress measurement period
Cypress v3.0Cypress v3
Cypress v3 is now available to support 2015 certification for electronic clinical quality measures (eCQM). Cypress v3 supports testing for the June 2015 and April 2016 updates to the eCQMs used in CMS quality reporting programs. The new v3 release and release notes are available on the Cypress website https://healthit.gov/cypress/.Features for Cypress v3 Release
- Refreshed design providing a more responsive and accessible user interface
- Cypress v3 complies with Section 508 and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA conformance level requirements
- A more flexible v3 Concept of Operations (ConOps) that evaluates certification testing criteria for accuracy of export of patient data (C1), computation of CQMs (C2) and submission requirements (C3), and data filtering (C4) independently of each other
- Redesign of the Cypress workflow to allow for independent evaluation of electronic clinical quality measure (eCQM) testing criteria
- User Interface updates to support updated C1, C2, C3, and C4 workflows
- Testing and Integration
- New eCQM Test Plan for 2015 Certification Program
- New C4 CQM Filter Certification Criteria testing ability of electronic health records (EHR) systems to filter patients based on patient and provider information
- Pre-Certification testing support
- Certification Application Programming Interface (API) to automate and expedite pre-certification testing
- Turn off document duplication and record randomization to use a stable set of test patients
- Support for Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF) R2.1 and Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) R3.1
- Cypress v3 certifies EHRs for accuracy of export of patient data C1, C2, C3, and C4 using automated import of QRDA Category 1 patient records
- The ConOps will provide separate C1 testing without automated import that demonstrates the validation of well-formed QRDA Category 1 patient record required for interoperable exchange across systems
- Support for the 2016 Annual Measure Update
- Cypress v3 includes the updated specifications introduced for Eligible Hospital Measures and Eligible Professional Measures in April 2016 by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Validation of 2017 CMS Implementation Guide (IG) for Eligible Hospitals (informational)
Cypress is sponsored by the CMS and ONC and has been developed by MITRE.
Please send any feedback to email@example.com. Thank you.
All releases prior to Cypress 3.0 have been officially retired. Please download release notes for these releases here.