- Health IT Buzz
- Articles by: Avinash Shanbhag
Avinash Shanbhag's Latest Blog Posts
Avinash Shanbhag | June 11, 2020
Application programming interfaces (APIs) are powerful tools that help support interoperability in healthcare. Simply put, APIs allow a software “Application A” to interact with a software “Application B” without Application A needing to know how Application B’s software is designed internally. APIs can be used for several things, including the ability to for software applications to share information. From the example above, Application A could request information from Application B or ask Application B to place a pushpin on a map at a specific longitude and latitude.Read Full Post.
Avinash Shanbhag | June 9, 2020
Have you ever found yourself asking any of the following questions?
- What advances are needed in application programming interfaces (APIs) to support faster, better and more scalable access to health information?
- What technical underpinnings would support future nationwide, trusted exchange?
- How can technology seamlessly interoperate across the continuum of care?
- How can data standards evolve to support expanding needs of healthcare?
Avinash Shanbhag | September 5, 2019
This past decade, we have witnessed steady improvements to healthcare interoperability. For those paying close attention, the CONNECT open source project has played a role in making those improvements possible. Now the time has come for the community at large to determine the future of CONNECT.Read Full Post.