The Leading Edge Acceleration Projects (LEAP) in Health IT funding opportunity will address well-documented and fast emerging challenges that inhibit the development, use, and/or advancement of well-designed, interoperable health IT. It is expected to further a new generation of health IT development and inform the innovative implementation and refinement of standards, methods, and techniques for overcoming major barriers and challenges as they are identified.
FY 2020 Special Emphasis Notice (SEN)
The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) has published a special emphasis notice (SEN) under the Leading Edge Acceleration Projects (LEAP) in Health Information Technology (Health IT) funding opportunity NAP-AX-18-003 to address the development and testing of data sharing functionalities to support clinical care, research, and improved health care outcomes.
In fiscal year 2020, ONC is particularly interested in applications whose specific aims addresses one of the following areas of interest:
- Area 1: Advancing Registry Infrastructure for a Modern API-based Health IT Ecosystem
- Area 2: Cutting Edge Health IT Tools for Scaling Health Research
- Area 3: Integrating Health Care and Human Services Data to Support Improved Outcomes
Special Emphasis Notice
Applications for the SEN are due June 8, 2020 by 11:59 PM EST. Visit Grants.gov to apply
Past Areas of Interest
In fiscal year 2019, a Special Emphasis Notice (SEN) asked for applications whose specific aims addressed one of the following areas of interest:
- Area 1: Standardization and Implementation of Scalable Health Level 7 International’s (HL7®) Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR®) Consent Resource
- Area 2: Design, Develop, and Demonstrate Enhanced Patient Engagement Technologies for Care and Research
In fiscal year 2018, this funding opportunity was specifically interested in innovative solutions and breakthrough advances in the following areas of interest:
- Area 1: Expanding the scope, scale, and utility of population-level data-focused application programming interfaces (APIs).
- Area 2: Advancing Clinical Knowledge at the Point of Care.