Challenges and Opportunities to Support State & Local Governments with Public Health Emergencies
The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) hosted a webinar and workshop on February 9th to raise awareness for the Patient Unified Lookup System for Emergencies (PULSE) Initiative. The event was an effort to create national resilience through access to health information during disasters, including public health emergencies and natural disasters. Peers engaged in discussions on the current state of the PULSE Community technical solution, implementation and use considerations, promising practices, and enhancement opportunities. Additionally, there was a presentations from state partners who shared their experiences with the implementation and use of PULSE during emergency response events.
The session agenda included:
- An overview of the PULSE Initiative
- A deep dive on the PULSE Community technical solution
- State perspectives on PULSE Implementations
- Breakout group discussions on challenges and opportunities
- Ideas for the future of PULSE Community