There are several clinical telehealth services you can offer, including:
- Live, interactive video consultation: uses videoconferencing technology to facilitate a patient visit with both physician and patient present at the same time.
- Store-and-forward consultation: captures information at patient site to be analyzed and evaluated by a physician at another site.
- Hybrid consultation: uses components of live, interactive video consultation and store-and-forward consultations.1
You may also be interested in using telehealth technology for non-clinical telehealth services, such as:
- Provider training
- Administrative meetings
- Continuing medical education
- Patient education
- Public health and health administration
For more information on the types of telehealth services you can offer, see the following resources.
- American Telemedicine Association
- Telehealth Resource Centers
- What is telehealth? How is telehealth different from telemedicine?
- Telehealth Resource Centers. ”Types of Telemedicine Specialty Consultation Services.“