What if I need more Federal funding than the amount shown in my award?

If you need additional funds, you may make a written request to ONC, which must, at a minimum, include a revised budget. If the supplemental funding request is due to increased costs that are within the scope of the approved application, but that were unforeseen when your application was submitted, ONC will evaluate your request and may grant your request as an administrative action. If the request for additional funding is related to a change in the scope of the approved project or program, you must submit a revised application and budget, which must undergo objective review. Although HHS grants policy allows for requests for additional funds as part of requested extensions at the end of the project period, ONC would consider such a request only in a rare case.

Content last reviewed on November 14, 2013
Was this page helpful?