Continuous Quality Improvement Strategies
Many well-established continuous quality improvement (CQI) programs and strategies exist to help your organization improve efficiency, health care quality, and patient outcomes. These four CQI strategies are widely used in the health care industry today.
- The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) Model for Improvement
- Six Sigma
- Baldridge Quality Award Criteria
You should select the CQI strategy that best fits the unique culture and needs of your organization. Remember, your final CQI plan can include a combination of tools, methods, and processes, so be sure to always keep your organization’s specific needs and goals in mind. The Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Strategies to Optimize your Practice [PDF - 1.7 MB] provides more information on CQI strategies and will help you decide which CQI strategy is right for your organization.
For More Information
For more information about quality improvement and how Health IT can help you improve health care quality and patient outcomes, see the following resources.
- Step 6: Continue Quality Improvement
- Health IT Adoption Toolbox: Quality Improvement
- What are some strategies using quality metrics for continuous quality improvement?