Readiness Assessment Tools
Yes, several readiness assessment tools are available to help you assess your organizational readiness. See the following resources for more information.
- Step 1: Assess Your Practice Readiness
- Health Resources and Services Administration: How do we conduct a readiness assessment?
- Health Resources and Services Administration: How Do I Know If I am Ready to Implement Health IT?
- Health Information and Management Systems Society: EHR Readiness Assessment Toolkit
Whatever tool or methodology you use, the assessment team should score your readiness in several different areas, including:
- Management/executive readiness
- Administrative/operational readiness
- Technical readiness
- Clinical readiness
- Organizational culture readiness
Your Local Regional Extension Center Can Help
Your local Regional Extension Center (REC) can help you as you assess your readiness and prepare for electronic health record (EHR) implementation. RECs are located in every region of the country to help health care providers select, implement, and become adept and meaningful users of EHRs. Contact your local REC to find out if you are eligible for free or reduced-price EHR implementation support.