How should I handle any remaining unobligated funds? Is there a difference if I have already requested them from the Payment Management System?

You must report the final amount of unobligated Federal funds on your final Federal Financial Report. Once ONC reconciles this amount with its records and those of the HHS Payment Management System and advises you of the need for any corrections. ONC will deobligate these funds, thus removing them from your Payment Management System account. If you had drawn down any funds before the end of the project period and they are shown as “cash on hand” in your last quarterly Federal cash transactions report, the overpayment is considered a debt and you must repay that amount in accordance with instructions you receive from ONC.

Content last reviewed on November 14, 2013
Was this page helpful?