Seeking Your Meaningful Use Experiences
Paul Tang and George Hripcsak | May 15, 2014
The Health IT Policy Committee’s (HITPC) Meaningful Use Workgroup is looking to learn about your meaningful use experiences.
We are hosting two virtual listening sessions – on May 20, 2014 and May 27, 2014 – where we want to hear about your successes and challenges to achieving meaningful use to inform our recommendations for Stage 3 of the Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs.
If you are unable to attend either of the listening sessions, please send us your comments in the comment section below.
While the HITPC submitted its stage 3 recommendations to ONC in April 2014, the workgroup wants to gather more input from you – the eligible professionals and hospitals and payers that have been using the new technology and the developers that are creating EHR products.
We are looking to you to share your experiences in developing, adopting, and meaningfully using your electronic health records. Sharing these experiences – with a focus on solutions that can be leveraged in the progression to stage 3 – will help all of us achieve our goals, while optimizing possible stage 3 requirements.
The HITPC recommendations are aimed at supporting new models of care, addressing national health priorities, and addressing key gaps in EHR functionality that are essential to health care providers. To support these goals, four emphasis areas were identified:
- Clinical decision support
- Patient engagement
- Care coordination
- Population management
As you think about your comments, you may find the following questions helpful.
- What has been your experience with achieving stage 1 and what steps or actions are you considering as you approach stage 2? What success factors have you identified?
- What should be taken into account as we look toward stage 3 objectives and criteria?
- Are there specific areas that should be focused on to provide the most impact in achieving the stage 3 requirements?
- What overall benefits have you achieved as a result of implementing and meaningfully using your EHR?
In addition to the comments gathered here, the Meaningful Use Workgroup’s listening sessions will be across the following panels.
- Eligible Professionals
- Eligible Hospitals
- Accountable Care Organizations, Payers, Purchasers, Regional Extension Centers
- EHR Developers and Vendors
Please plan on joining us for these sessions and commenting below.