What should you do when using a mobile device in remote location, such as a home office?
Here are some key tips for working remotely:
- Lock the screen of your mobile device and keep it in a secure location when you are not using it.
- Don’t let people around you see the numbers, letters, symbols or pattern as you enter your password.
- Use a privacy screen shield to protect and secure any health information showing on the screen from being seen by unauthorized users.
- Follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer to secure your home Wi-Fi network. Change the default administrator passwords and usernames.
- Make sure your router's firewall is turned on. For extra protection, consider installing and running personal firewall software on each mobile device connected to the router.
- Use a virtual private network (VPN) or other secure connection to connect to an organization’s private network or system (e.g., EHR).