What kinds of services do Regional Extension Centers provide?
Advising Providers in All Phases of Electronic Health Record Implementation
Regional Extension Centers (RECs) are equipped with the personnel and resources to support and advise eligible providers in all phases of the electronic health record (EHR) implementation cycle. Your local REC serves as a support and resource center to make EHR implementation easier. Ultimately, the aim of your local REC is to help increase quality of care for your patients and maximize your overall productivity by helping you acheive meaningful use.
Regional Extension Center Services
RECs offer a wide range of valuable services which may include:
- Outreach, education, and health IT training
- EHR selection support and financial consultation
- Workflow redesign assistance
- EHR implementation training
- EHR implementation support and project management
- Privacy and security support
- Meaningful use assistance, including incentive payments attestation advice
- Connections to state and national health information exchange efforts
- Ongoing technical assistance in implementing Health IT and using it in a meaningful way to improve care
Contact Your Local Regional Extension Center
RECs are located in every region of the country to help health care providers select, implement, and become adept and meaningful users of EHRs. Contact your local REC to find out if you are eligible for free or reduced-price local EHR implementation support.
For More Information
For more information about RECs and how RECs can help you with EHR implementation, see the following resources.