What are some tips for protecting your password?
Tips for protecting passwords include:
- Do not reveal or share your password with anyone else
- Do not write down your password
- Do not communicate your password by e-mail, instant messaging, or texting
- Do not display your password on a screen
- Change your password regularly
- Change your password whenever you think it may have been compromised
- Do not reuse passwords
- Change any default passwords that come with a product
- Do not share an account
- Do not use the same password for more than one account
Read more about strong passwords.