An activity that is performed with or on a patient as part of the provision of care.
- Health Care Financing Administration Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS), as maintained and distributed by HHS.
- Current Procedural Terminology, Fourth Edition (CPT-4), as maintained and distributed by the American Medical Association, for physician services and other health care services.
- SNOMED International, Systematized Nomenclature of Medicine Clinical Terms (SNOMED CT®) U.S. Edition, September 2019 Release
- International Classification of Diseases ICD-10-PCS 2020
- Optional for technology which records dental procedures:
- Code on Dental Procedures and Nomenclature (CDT), maintained and distributed by the American Dental Association, for dental services.