- See Section I - Units of Measure for discussion of units of measure used with quantitative observations.
- See LOINC collaboration with IEEE for information on the Medical Device Code Mapping Table, which provides linkages between LOINC terms and IEEE EMB/11073 standard.
- ISO/IEEE 11073 is a family of standards for point-of-care medical device communication, with specific standards within the 11073 family that support collection of vital signs from medical devices, including:
- IEEE P11073-10404: Device Specialization - Pulse Oximeter
- IEEE 11073-10406: Device Specialization - Basic electrocardigraph (ECG)
- IEEE P11073-10407: Device Specialization - Blood Pressure Monitor
- IEEE 11073-10408: Device Specialization - Thermometer
- IEEE P11073-10415: Device Specialization - Weighing Scale
- IEEE 11073-10417: Device Specialization - Glucose Meter
- See LOINC projects, and Continua CODE for Healthcare in the Interoperability Proving Ground.
- Vital Sign Result urn:oid:2.16.840.1.1138184.108.40.206.80.62