- Stakeholders should refer to the health department in their state or local jurisdiction to determine onboarding procedures, obtain a jurisdictional implementation guide if applicable, and determine which transport methods are acceptable for submitting cancer reporting date as there may be jurisdictional variation or requirements. Some jurisdictions may not support cancer case reporting at this time.
Note that the NAACCR specification listed has not been vetted through a Voluntary Consensus Standards Body (VCSB), however it references the HL7 V 2.5.1 standard and LOINC, and has been sponsored by a number of organizations working in the cancer registry space.
The NAACCR standards are used by grantees funded by CDC’s National Program of Cancer Registries (NPCR). Additional detail on the NPCR standards, for both interoperability and programmatic requirements can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/npcr/standards.htm.”
- Secure Communication – Create a secure channel for client-to-server and server-to-server communication.
- Secure Message Router – Securely route and enforce policy on inbound and outbound messages without interruption of delivery.
- Authentication Enforcer – Centralized authentication processes.
- Authorization Enforcer – Specifies access control policies.
- Credential Tokenizer – Encapsulate credentials as a security token for reuse (e.g., SAML, Kerberos).
- Assertion Builder – Define processing logic for identity, authorization and attribute statements.
- User Role – Identifies the role asserted by the individual initiating the transaction.
- Purpose of Use – Identifies the purpose for the transaction.