- This is a national reporting system to CDC. Stakeholders should refer to the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) at: https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/cdaportal/meaningfuluse.html for information on participation.
- Release 1 of the Healthcare Associated Infections IG is normative and used in ONC certification. While there are more current releases of the Healthcare Associated Infection Reports IG, they are not valid for AU or AR submissions to NHSN. These newer releases can be found at the same link as Release 1.
- See CDA projects in the Interoperability Proving Ground.
- The HL7 CDA R2 Implementation Guide: Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI) Reports, Release 3 is a newer version of the standard that is available for health IT developers to voluntarily update and provide to their customers. It became available when it was added to the Approved Standards for 2022 through ONC’s Standards Version Advancement Process (SVAP).
- Secure Communication – create a secure channel for client-to-server and server-to-server communication.
- Secure Message Router – securely route and enforce policy on inbound and outbound messages without interruption of delivery.
- Authentication Enforcer – centralized authentication processes.
- Authorization Enforcer – specifies access control policies.
- Credential Tokenizer – encapsulate credentials as a security token for reuse (e.g., SAML, Kerberos).
- Assertion Builder – define processing logic for identity, authorization and attribute statements.
- User Role – identifies the role asserted by the individual initiating the transaction.
- Purpose of Use – identifies the purpose for the transaction.