- Referral transactions published in the NCPDP SCRIPT Standard Version 2020101. These transactions are currently available for use by trading partner agreement.
- In 2019, NCVHS recommended that HHS adopt the Telecommunication Standard Implementation Guide Version F6 and Subrogation (as HIPAA Standards). Pending HHS rulemaking.
- NCPDP requested that HHS adopt NCPDP SCRIPT 2017071 for prior authorization under HIPAA. This standard has been adopted under the Medicare Part D program.
- Costs for access to the NCPDP standards are based on membership. NCPDP's Standards Matrix is available as a reference providing a high-level overview of the latest version/release and/or the most commonly used of NCPDP standards and implementation guides, as well as NCPDP’s Data Dictionary and External Code List.
- All operating rules are incorporated as part of the NCPDP standards and separate operating rules are not adopted for pharmacy standards; including for the NCPDP SCRIPT standard.
- 12/4/2020: NCPDP is requesting feedback on the Emerging Transaction(s) within NCPDP SCRIPT Standard:
- Patient Care Service Referral (ServiceReferral)
- Patient Care Service Documentation (ServiceDocumentation)
- Response to Request for Patient Care Service Referral (ResponseToReferralRequest)
- Request for Patient Care Service Referral (RequestForReferral)
- Response to Patient Care Service Referral (ServiceReferralResponse)