- The listed eHealth Exchange Specification will be deprecated in the future in favor of the emerging IHE DSUB specification and/or the equivalent FHIR profile.
- See IHE projects in the Interoperability Proving Ground.
- Secure Communication – create a secure channel for client-to-server and server-to-server communication.
- Secure Message Router – securely route and enforce policy on inbound and outbound messages without interruption of delivery.
- Authentication Enforcer – centralized authentication processes.
- Authorization Enforcer – specifies access control policies.
- Credential Tokenizer – encapsulate credentials as a security token for reuse (e.g., SAML, Kerberos).
- Assertion Builder – define processing logic for identity, authorization and attribute statements.
- User Role – identifies the role asserted by the individual initiating the transaction.
- Purpose of Use – identifies the purpose for the transaction.