- ONC Certification Criteria § 170.315 (f)(1) Transmission to immunization registries (https://www.healthit.gov/test-method/transmission-immunization-registries) requires that:
- (i) The Health IT Module can create immunization information according to the IG IM Release 1.5, and the July 2015 Addendum, using CVX codes for historical vaccines and NDC codes for newly administered vaccines.
- (ii) Enable a user to request, access, and display a patient's evaluated immunization history and the immunization forecast from an immunization registry in accordance with HL7 2.5.1 standard, the HL7 2.5.1. IG IM Release 1.5, and July 2015 Addendum.
- The Immunization Decision Support Forecast (ImmDS) use case covers the exchange of data between a system seeking a patient evaluated history and forecast and the clinical decision support engine capable of providing that history and forecast. Today, this layer is not standardized and leads to several unique/proprietary interfaces which are costly to implement. The scope of this implementation guide is to create a standard interface layer between the initiating system and the CDS engine.
- The initiating system in this exchange is typically a system being used (either directly or indirectly) by a clinician to provide care to the patient. This can be a jurisdictional level Immunization Information System (IIS) which collates the patient’s immunization history from a variety of sources or an EHR which is being used to provide point of care support for clinicians. However other systems such as HIEs, school medical records, etc may also play this role.