- Stakeholders should refer to the health department in their state or local jurisdiction to determine onboarding procedures, obtain a jurisdictional implementation guide if applicable, and determine which transport methods are acceptable for submitting ELR as there may be jursidictional variation or requirements.
- While the names differ, please note the content in the first two Electronic Laboratory Reporting (ELR) implementation specifications listed above is now handled as a profile in the third listing, the Laboratory Results Interface (LRI) implementation specification, using the “LRI_PH_COMPONENT – ID: 2.16.840.1.113822.214.171.124.5” Result Profile Component.
- See HL7 V2 projects in the Interoperability Proving Ground.
- Value Set IG - Please also refer to the HL7 Version 2 Implementation Guide: Laboratory Value Set Companion Guide Release 1, STU Release 3 - US Realm HL7 Standard for Trial Use (June 2018).
- Secure Communication – create a secure channel for client-to-server and server-to-server communication.
- Secure Message Router – securely route and enforce policy on inbound and outbound messages without interruption of delivery.
- Authentication Enforcer – centralized authentication processes.
- Authorization Enforcer – specifies access control policies.
- Credential Tokenizer – encapsulate credentials as a security token for reuse (e.g., – SAML, Kerberos).
- Assertion Builder – define processing logic for identity, authorization and attribute statements.
- User Role – identifies the role asserted by the individual initiating the transaction.
- Purpose of Use - Identifies the purpose for the transaction.