- Stakeholders should refer to the health department in their state or local jurisdiction to determine onboarding procedures, obtain a jurisdictional implementation guide if applicable, and determine which transport methods are acceptable for submitting ELR as there may be jursidictional variation or requirements.
- The Emerging Implementation Specification: “HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Electronic Laboratory Reporting to Public health, Release 2 (US REALM), Draft Standard for Trial Use, Release 1.1" listed above was in a Draft Standard for Trial use status, but was not renewed or balloted as normative. However, a recommendation was received to leave it listed here until there is wider adoption/experience with other listed specifications.
- See HL7 V2 projects in the Interoperability Proving Ground.
- Secure Communication – create a secure channel for client-to-server and server-to-server communication.
- Secure Message Router – securely route and enforce policy on inbound and outbound messages without interruption of delivery.
- Authentication Enforcer – centralized authentication processes.
- Authorization Enforcer – specifies access control policies.
- Credential Tokenizer – encapsulate credentials as a security token for reuse (e.g., – SAML, Kerberos).
- Assertion Builder – define processing logic for identity, authorization and attribute statements.
- User Role – identifies the role asserted by the individual initiating the transaction.
- Purpose of Use - Identifies the purpose for the transaction.