- The reference to FHIR for this interoperability need is in relation to the transport services that are conformant to the “RESTful FHIR API”
- Note that the maturity level of FHIR resources may vary. The FHIR Maturity Model and each of the levels is described on the HL7 wiki.
- See FHIR projects in the Interoperability Proving Ground.
- System Authentication - The information and process necessary to authenticate the systems involved
- User Details - identifies the end user who is accessing the data
- User Role – identifies the role asserted by the individual initiating the transaction.
- Purpose of Use - Identifies the purpose for the transaction.
- Patient Consent Information - Identifies the patient consent information that may be required before data can be accessed.
- May be required to authorize any exchange of patient information
- May be required to authorized access and use of patient information
- May be required to be sent along with disclosed patient information to
- advise the receiver about policies to which end users must comply
- Security Labeling – the health information is labeled with security metadata necessary for access control by the end user.
- Query Request ID - Query requesting application assigns a unique identifier for each query request in order to match the response to the original query.