- Please refer to CMS.gov for more information regarding Medicare Part D electronic prescribing requirements and sign up to receive the latest announcements.
- The NCPDP SCRIPT Version 2017071 Implementation Guide supports the Recertification transaction; a notification from a facility, on behalf of a prescriber, to a pharmacy recertifying the continued administration of a medication order. An example use is when an existing medication order has been recertified by the prescriber for continued use. Long term or post-acute care use only.
- Both the prescriber and the pharmacy must have their systems configured for the transaction in order to facilitate successful exchange, including the ability to send or receive verify, status, or error transactions.
- See NCPDP projects in the Interoperability Proving Ground.
- Secure Message Router – securely route and enforce policy on inbound and outbound messages without interruption of delivery.
- Authentication Enforcer – centralized authentication processes.
- Authorization Enforcer – specifies access control policies.
- Credential Tokenizer – encapsulate credentials as a security token for reuse (e.g., – SAML, Kerberos).
- Assertion Builder – define processing logic for identity, authorization and attribute statements.
- User Role – identifies the role asserted by the individual initiating the transaction.
- Purpose of Use - Identifies the purpose for the transaction.