- Please refer to CMS.gov for more information regarding Medicare Part D electronic prescribing requirements and sign up to receive the latest announcements.
- The NCPDP SCRIPT Version 2017071 Implementation Guide supports the DrugAdministration transaction communicates drug administration events from a prescriber/care facility to the pharmacy or other entity. It is a notification from a prescriber/care facility to a pharmacy or other entity that a drug administration event has occurred - for example, a medication was suspended or administration was resumed.
- Both the prescriber and the pharmacy must have their systems configured for the transaction in order to facilitate successful exchange, including the ability to send or receive verify, status, or error transactions.
- See NCPDP projects in the Interoperability Proving Ground.
- Secure Message Router – securely route and enforce policy on inbound and outbound messages without interruption of delivery.
- Authentication Enforcer – centralized authentication processes.
- Authorization Enforcer – specifies access control policies.
- Credential Tokenizer – encapsulate credentials as a security token for reuse (e.g., SAML, Kerberos).
- Assertion Builder – define processing logic for identity, authorization and attribute statements.
- User Role – identifies the role asserted by the individual initiating the transaction.
- Purpose of Use – identifies the purpose for the transaction.