- Please refer to CMS.gov for more information regarding Medicare Part D electronic prescribing requirements and sign up to receive the latest announcements.
- The following transactions need to be implemented for interoperability purposes:
- SCRIPT 2017071 -
- NewRxRequest: This transaction is a request from a pharmacy to a prescriber for a new prescription for a patient
- NewRxResponseDenied: This transaction is a denied response to a previously sent NewRxRequest (If approved, a NewRx would be sent)
- A NewRxResponseDenied response may occur when the NewRxRequest cannot be processed or if information is unavailable
- Both the prescriber and the pharmacy must have their systems configured for the transaction in order to facilitate successful exchange, including the ability to send or receive verify, status, or error transactions.
- Secure Message Router – Securely route and enforce policy on inbound and outbound messages without interruption of delivery.
- Authentication Enforcer – Centralized authentication processes.
- Authorization Enforcer – Specifies access control policies.
- Credential Tokenizer – Encapsulate credentials as a security token for reuse (e.g., SAML, Kerberos).
- Assertion Builder – Define processing logic for identity, authorization and attribute statements.
- User Role – Identifies the role asserted by the individual initiating the transaction.
- Purpose of Use – Identifies the purpose for the transaction.