- The “New Prescription” transaction is best suited for this interoperability need.
- Both the prescriber and the receiving pharmacy must have their systems configured for the transaction in order to facilitate successful exchange.
- See NCPDP projects in the Interoperability Proving Ground.
- Secure Message Router – securely route and enforce policy on inbound and outbound messages without interruption of delivery.
- Authentication Enforcer – centralized authentication processes.
- Authorization Enforcer – specifies access control policies.
- Credential Tokenizer – encapsulate credentials as a security token for reuse (e.g., – SAML, Kerberos).
- Assertion Builder – define processing logic for identity, authorization and attribute statements.
- User Role – identifies the role asserted by the individual initiating the transaction.
- Purpose of Use - Identifies the purpose for the transaction.