- Stakeholders should refer to the health department in their state or local jurisdiction to determine onboarding procedures, obtain a jurisdictional implementation guide if applicable, and determine which transport methods are acceptable for submitting syndromic surveillance data as there may be jurisdictional variation or requirements.
- An Erratum to the CDC PHIN 2.0 Implementation Guide was issued in August, 2015. Implementers should refer to this guide for additional information and conformance guidance.
- See HL7 V2 projects in the Interoperability Proving Ground.
- Secure Communication – create a secure channel for client-to-server and server-to-server communication.
- Secure Message Router – securely route and enforce policy on inbound and outbound messages without interruption of delivery.
- Authentication Enforcer – centralized authentication processes.
- Authorization Enforcer – specifies access control policies.
- Credential Tokenizer – encapsulate credentials as a security token for reuse (e.g., – SAML, Kerberos).
- Assertion Builder – define processing logic for identity, authorization and attribute statements.
- User Role – identifies the role asserted by the individual initiating the transaction.
- Purpose of Use - Identifies the purpose for the transaction.