Connect 5.0Submitted by FHA Connect Team on
The FHA CONNECT team is proud to announce our latest release, CONNECT 5.0 Web Site Disclaimers. This release is the first major web stack upgrade since version 4.0 in 2013. The CONNECT team worked with federal agencies and the CONNECT community to determine the upgrades and patches that were included in this release. The release was thoroughly tested using regression test suites, interoperability test lab, installation guidelines, and security scanning tools (including HP Fortify and SonarQube). The release was also verified against the eHealth exchange testing system to ensure it continues to meets all requirements for our eHealth exchange product validation.
The release includes the web stack improvement, upgrading Apache CXF from version 2.7.2 to 3.1.9, OpenSAML from 2.5.1 to 3.1.1, and Spring from 3.0.7 to 4.1.9. The upgrades were made to improve CONNECT security, code quality, and performance.
In addition, CONNECT 5.0 includes:
- Compatibility with Java 1.8 for both building and deploying CONNECT
- Ability to pass custom HTTP headers from the request adapter to the outbound NwHIN message
- UDDI timestamp to show last update
- Configurable TLS for UDDI connectivity
- Audit properties configuration via CONNECT Admin GUI