Step 6: Continue Quality Improvement
This final phase refers to reassessing what you have learned from training and everyday use of the system. It emphasizes continuous evaluation of your practice’s goals and needs post EHR implementation to continue improving workflows that achieve the individual practice’s goals and needs while leveraging the functionality of electronic health records (EHRs):
- Were the goals and needs met?
- Do workflow processes need to be re-evaluated?
- Is additional training required?
- Are you capturing the required data elements needed for internal clinical priorities, as well as for reportable quality measures?
- Do staff roles and responsibilities need adjustments?
- Is the technology in the appropriate locations?
- Is the technology reliable?
- Is the technology “fast enough?”
- Is additional hardware needed?
A post EHR implementation evaluation will help shape both the practice and its evolution. Often, what happens during the implementation phase is very different from what was planned. The practice needs to continuously evaluate its processes to ensure that the practice is functioning efficiently to ensure staff and patient satisfaction. To learn more about quality improvement, read about meaningful use clinical quality measures.
|Health IT Patient Satisfaction Survey||
Survey focusing on the impact of HIT adoption and how patients are responding to EHR use in the office.
* Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in this file. For assistance, contact ONC at email@example.com.
[DOCX - 1.01 MB]