Curriculum Development Centers
About the Program
The purpose of the Curriculum Development Centers Program, one component of the ONC Workforce Program, is to provide funding to institutions of higher education (or consortia thereof) to support health information technology curriculum development. The materials developed under this program have been used by the member colleges of the regional Community College Consortia as well as made available to institutions of higher education across the country.
In April 2010, ONC awarded $10 million in federal funds to five domestic institutions of higher education to develop curriculum and instructional materials to enhance workforce training programs primarily at the community college level. One of the awardees under this program, Oregon Health & Science University, received additional funding to serve as the National Training and Dissemination Center (NTDC). The NTDC has established a secure electronic site from which all materials may be downloaded through the end of 2012.
Curriculum Development Centers Program Awardees
|Oregon Health & Science University||$2,720,000 (includes $900,000 for NTDC)|
|University of Alabama at Birmingham||$1,820,000|
|Johns Hopkins University||$1,820,000|
Learn more about the Curriculum Development Centers Program:
- Get the facts about the Health IT Workforce Development Program [PDF - 680 KB]
- At a Glance: Curriculum Development Centers Program [PDF - 275 KB]
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Curriculum Components Version 2.0 Webinar
- Curriculum Component Blueprints [PDF - 2 MB] *
- Health IT Workforce Roles [PDF - 27 KB]
- Matrix of Roles by Component [PDF - 13 KB]
- List of Curriculum Components [PDF - 119 KB]
- List of General Changes for Version 3.0 [PDF - 134 KB] *
- List of Specific Changes to Components and Units for Version 3.0 [PDF - 45 KB] *
- Global Interest in ONC Health IT Curriculum Materials [PDF - 320 KB]
- Global Reach of the Curriculum Materials to Date [PDF - 84 KB]
* Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in this file. For assistance, contact ONC at email@example.com.